Bruxism refers to a condition in which a person grinds, gnashes, and clenches their teeth unconsciously to the detriment of their jawbone, teeth, and gums. Over time, the precious tooth enamel we possess is stripped away by the process of grinding teeth. Sleep bruxism specifically refers to the movement disorder during sleep, which in effect, can increase the risk of additional disorders such as sleep apnea. Here are some other warning signs you may have bruxism:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth loudly while you sleep could be a sign of bruxism.
– Teeth that are heavily worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– Tooth enamel that has been worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– An increase in tooth sensitivity could be a sign of bruxism.
– Jaw pain, face pain, and dull headaches could be signs of bruxism.
– Indentations on your tongue or damage to your inner cheek tissue caused by your teeth could be signs of bruxism.
– A locked jaw that cannot open or close completely could be a sign of bruxism.
Keystone Dental Group has a highly-qualified staff to help you fight bruxism. If you would like an appointment with Dr. Fahad Javed to discuss treatment options, please contact a member of our team at 317-222-4102. Our office is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!